Is Shrink Wrap a good packaging material choice for you? Today’s guide will help you understand the pros and cons of Shrink Wrap and also help you decide whether you should be using it or not.
Most packaging material suppliers generally suggest Shrink Wrap as one of the most commonly used, durable, and effective material for your packages. Perhaps the reason for Shrink Wrap being a popular packaging choice is its high heat resistance allowing your packages to maintain perfect shape and conditions in diverse areas with different climate conditions.
With that said, allow us to educate you over the properties of Shrink Wrap as a packaging material as well as its benefits and drawbacks when used for this purpose.
What Is Shrink Wrap?
For starters, Shrink Wrap is basically crafted from a thin film of a strong durable polymer called Polyolefin (POF) which further composes of several monomers of Olefin. Because of the thermoplastic material used to create Shrink Wrap, it becomes soft in warm climate conditions and hard in cool climate conditions. Thus, it is popularly known to be a great flame retardant with the ability to shrink to great extents when heated.
Is Shrink Wrap A Good Packaging Material?
Most properties of Shrink Wrap are crucial for its usage as a packaging material. Here is a list of some of the main pros and cons that you must understand before going with Shrink Wrap for your packaging material.
Pros of Shrink Wrap
To ensure that you make the right buying decisions for your packaging needs, you must analyze and apprehend the good and bad sides of the product that you’re considering to use. With that said, here is a list of the major pros of Shrink Wrap as a packaging material.
- It is generally available at a lower price than most other alternatives.
- Its eye-catching glossy surface raises the visual appeal of your packaging.
- It is more environmental friendly than other alternatives as it occupies less space in landfills.
- Provides excellent flexibility and tear resistance to your packaging, thus, improving durability.
- Provides good insulation to the products and guards them against extreme temperatures.
- Acts as a great water repellent thanks to its excellent hydrophobic characteristic properties.
Cons of Shrink Wrap
Now that you’ve analyzed and understood the benefits of Shrink Wrap as a packaging material, you should also view some drawbacks that you’ll have to experience by using it for packaging.
- It isn’t recommended for interactive products – products with “Try Me” and “Push Me” features.
- Poor quality Shrink Wrap sheets are unsuitable for humid conditions.
Where Should I Buy Shrink Wrap?
When it comes to buying Shrink Wrap, there are numerous suppliers that can provide you Shrink Wrap to fulfill your packaging needs. Similarly, 2S Packaging is an amazing packaging material supplier in Malaysia that can provide you high-quality Shrink Wrap in your desired amount. Buying online is easily the fastest and most convenient way to fulfill your orders. All you have to do is contact 2S Packaging with the amount of Shrink Wrap that you want and let us handle the rest!